Disaster can strike at any time.
If your home or business has been hit by flooding, leaks, or fire damage, it can be difficult to know who you’re supposed to call after emergency services have given you the all-clear.
Often, the answer is: you’ve got to call a lot of people, to do a lot of different things.
Your insurance company will likely be at the top of your list. After that, it’s time for the first responders of commercial and residential restoration: your water restoration company. Then you may need to hire a plumber, a carpet cleaner, an upholstery cleaner, a painter, or a roofing company.
But what do water restoration companies do, as your first responders? And how do you know if they’re the team you need?
In this article, we’re exploring exactly that. When your home is vulnerable and stress levels are high, it’s imperative that you know exactly who you need to call.
The Ultimate Homeowners’ Guide: What do Water Restoration Companies Do?
The Basics of Water Restoration
In the simplest terms, a water restoration company needs to clean up the mess caused to your home.
They offer services that restore your home to its pre-damage state:
- Water extraction: removing all the excess water from your home
- Damage assessment: once the water is removed, your restoration company can analyze the damage and set out a restoration plan
- Remediation: your water restoration company will carry out work to restore your property.
The Best of Water Restoration
When you know what you need and exactly how you want it done, maybe a basic water restoration service is all you need.
Most homeowners, though, aren’t experts in water damage and property restoration. In that case, it can be vital that your water restoration company work alongside you to get your property restored to pre-loss conditions. They should work to preserve and protect your home and contents from further damage, and give you the information you need to move forward.
When you’ve been through such a stressful and traumatic experience with your home, the restoration process can seem overwhelming and complicated. Here is where a professional team can help guide you.
Look for water restoration professionals who offer:
- Round the clock emergency response: because disasters don’t run on a 9-to-5 schedule.
- Transparent support: phone, email, and text so you can be kept in the loop.
- Quick emergency response: the most responsive water restoration companies should be able to get to you within a couple of hours—ideally within 60 minutes.
- Comprehensive training and experience: partner with a water restoration company that can handle water, fire, and mold damage efficiently and effectively.
- Competitive pricing: a team of professionals should price their services with integrity.
- Unscrupulous companies may overcharge when you are in a vulnerable position.
When your home is damaged by water, getting the problem fixed is urgent. Choosing a reputable water restoration company to carry out all the work you need can give you ultimate peace of mind at a stressful time. Check your shortlist of water restoration companies against our lists, to make sure you’re getting the best value for money, and protecting your investment.
Think a water restoration company is what you need? If you’re in the Austin area, put the experts at Quick Dry Restoration at the top of your call list!